I was "rummaging" through my photos on my computer, and came across the very few that I took while in Amarillo, TX with my mom, dad, sis, Alex, and Aisling at the end of last month. We had such a good time in Texas! Of course, I think we could have a good time anywhere, as long as we were together.

Living far away from your family and roots is challenging, but it causes you to either grow (preferable) or wither (not so preferable). There are many days when I think I'm doing great out here on my own. Homeschool? No problem! Work? No problem! Church callings? Bring it on!
And then there are the days when I miss everyone so badly that it physically hurts, and I yearn for the comfort and familiarity of my roots in the West. Those days, I question my sanity and ability to endure without my parents and sister holding my hand (What am I doing here in the deep South? I want my mommy!)
It's the memories of being together, like the trip to Amarillo, that keep me going on those "withering" days. I reme
mber the comfort I felt from my loved ones and then I know things will be okay. If I get really down, I start planning for the next time I will see them. Just being able to act (plan) makes me feel better, even if the trip is a year out.
So, here's to love of family, growing pains, and the eventual joy of reunion!
Living far away from your family and roots is challenging, but it causes you to either grow (preferable) or wither (not so preferable). There are many days when I think I'm doing great out here on my own. Homeschool? No problem! Work? No problem! Church callings? Bring it on!
It's the memories of being together, like the trip to Amarillo, that keep me going on those "withering" days. I reme
So, here's to love of family, growing pains, and the eventual joy of reunion!
Comments