Skip to main content

Introducing...Note!

After many years of begging, pleading, promising (to fully take care of ANOTHER animal, including the extra housework), reading and studying about cat care and hygiene, Aisling has finally adopted a kitten!

Note Clef Meowzer Wright arrived at our house on Saturday, August 16th, 2008 (much to the chagrin of Trevor.) At 10 weeks, Note is very active and vocal (how many cats meow as they eat and drink?) Besides meowing, he loves pouncing on his mouse toy and hiding under the bed to sleep.

Aisling loves having Note around...most of the time. I've noticed that she sometimes slips quietly away to her room, closing the door silently behind her...without the kitten. It's then that Note feels abandoned, and the constant meows reach eardrum-bursting volume as Note then searches for me. Aisling's explanation/excuse? "It's too loud out there!"

Sigh.

She's an only child. she's used to peace and quiet. Although she previously and constantly complained about the lack of noise often ("It's too quiet in here!"), apparently she missed it when it was gone. Ah, the lessons in life she gets to learn!

Hopefully, Note will soon calm down enough to only talk to us occasionally like other cats do, instead of constant "cat conversation", and then Aisling won't feel the need to hide in her room so often. In the meantime, Note and I are bonding well as I take up the slack and heap on the attention to quiet the talkative kitty.

Take a look at those (Note's) ears! We definitely see some Siamese in him!

So, our animal tally stands at six now: four chickens (they are just too sweet and puffy as peeps to only have one! If you don't believe me, just look at that picture!), one hamster, and a cat. (The fish really don't count as pets, just scenery as you walk into Trevor's office.) Our family is growing in leaps and bounds, but in surprising ways.

Comments

Heidi said…
CUTE!!! Oh boy!! That is a great picture!! The cat is cute too! :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Annual Birthday Gift Hunt

Please allow me to introduce you to a (first generation) Wright birthday tradition.  Would you like a little history? When you have only one child, there's a tendency to spoil them, even by accident. I noticed this the first few Christmases after Aisling was born. While looking at our Christmas tree, I couldn't help but notice the "bare" space beneath it--the beautiful tree skirt was almost in full view except for a few brightly wrapped presents. Comparing this view to what we imagine a Christmas tree scene should look like (i.e. LOTS of presents and almost NO view of the tree skirt because of the overflowing amount of gifts-Have you watched any Christmas movies at all?) made me want to run to my nearest shopping center and buy things like a crazy woman on a shopping spree.  Luckily, my good sense and logic won out, and I started looking for other more reasonable and viable alternatives.  Does my child really need to have 20,001 gifts under the tree just so ...

25 Things

Okay...so I've been tagged several times on Facebook and I've been absent from the blogging world for almost a month. I'm really sorry. I'll play now, but I can't guarantee next week or even tomorrow. 1. When I'm feeling down, I hide-out in my home. No blogging, no talking to friends, very few calls to family, little to no socialization (only the most necessary interaction happens. i.e. church callings and/or when a very close friend realizes that I'm on a downward spiral and decides I need to get out of the house at all costs.) 2. While barricaded in my home, I tend to either read a lot of fiction (remember, I'm trying to "get away" from the real world) and/or start-continue-finish medium to big project(s) in an effort to boost my spirits. 3. For the last two to three weeks, I have taken apart the master bathroom, and now I'm attempting to put it back together. What does that entail? Removing the toilet, taking apart all of the cabinet d...

Fortunes

Trevor's: Pathetic! Whitni's: Prodding... Aisling's: Prophetic?