It snowed last night! Surprise! Yes, you read me correctly. This morning a nice layer of snow blanketed cars, lawns, and rooftops. Being the non-morning person that I am, I heard Aisling exclaim about it first, and then Trevor confirm it. Where was I, you ask? Snuggled in my warm bed, of course. Although snow is a big novelty in the South (It snows about every ten years here, I'm told), we received plenty of it while living in Utah for the last 20+ years. Brrrrrrr!
Later this morning, after the snow began to melt: View from our front porch looking at the neighbor's house across the street.

Backyard pictures: Although the snow had melted in our backyard, look at the field behind the fence. Also, see our cute chicken coop (aka EGGPLANT)
Please allow me to introduce you to a (first generation) Wright birthday tradition. Would you like a little history? When you have only one child, there's a tendency to spoil them, even by accident. I noticed this the first few Christmases after Aisling was born. While looking at our Christmas tree, I couldn't help but notice the "bare" space beneath it--the beautiful tree skirt was almost in full view except for a few brightly wrapped presents. Comparing this view to what we imagine a Christmas tree scene should look like (i.e. LOTS of presents and almost NO view of the tree skirt because of the overflowing amount of gifts-Have you watched any Christmas movies at all?) made me want to run to my nearest shopping center and buy things like a crazy woman on a shopping spree. Luckily, my good sense and logic won out, and I started looking for other more reasonable and viable alternatives. Does my child really need to have 20,001 gifts under the tree just so ...
Comments
I'm feeling a little envious. I'm glad you got some pictures!