I found this to be really interesting. Are you a part of this generation?
Please allow me to introduce you to a (first generation) Wright birthday tradition. Would you like a little history? When you have only one child, there's a tendency to spoil them, even by accident. I noticed this the first few Christmases after Aisling was born. While looking at our Christmas tree, I couldn't help but notice the "bare" space beneath it--the beautiful tree skirt was almost in full view except for a few brightly wrapped presents. Comparing this view to what we imagine a Christmas tree scene should look like (i.e. LOTS of presents and almost NO view of the tree skirt because of the overflowing amount of gifts-Have you watched any Christmas movies at all?) made me want to run to my nearest shopping center and buy things like a crazy woman on a shopping spree. Luckily, my good sense and logic won out, and I started looking for other more reasonable and viable alternatives. Does my child really need to have 20,001 gifts under the tree just so ...
Comments
I love the pictures from the picnic and Aisling's birthday treasure hunt. That's such a good idea! Make them work for it. :)