Well, today was very gray and windy, with heavy rain off and on. Trevor and I woke up early to mow the lawn and do some yard work before the big winds and rains began. We congratulated ourselves in finishing our tasks in the windy light drizzles.
Later in the afternoon, I realized that most of our clothes were dirty and I needed to do laundry before the power went out (the average hurricane power outage for my area is three days.) So, frantically, I washed and dried laundry, and within 15 minutes after the last load dried, the power went out! That was cutting it really close! And as a huge bonus, the power came back on only one hour later! I can't believe we still have power!
Other than our earlier activities, life has gone on as usual. I'll keep you posted as long as I have power!
Here are a few updated pictures of Ike from the NOAA website. These are about one to two hours old.


On another note, LaChelle Hansen has "tagged" me to take impromptu pictures of revealing parts of my home (and thus, an inner view to my insanity!) Although it pains me greatly to show my ineptness at housekeeping and home decorating, I accept your challenge, LaChelle!
1. The Kitchen Sink: I hate dishes in my sink. I get rid of them pretty quickly, either by hiding them in the dishwasher, or washing them by hand right after a meal or snack. Please don't ask me what that thing is in the upper right corner of the sink. Trust me; you don't want to know!

2. Favorite Room in the House: This is a tie...our family room is the most comfortable, and where I tend to go to rest and read when I have time (translation: I like this room, but I don't spend much time here.) Notice the fire in the fireplace...who would have ever thought of starting a cozy fire in AUGUST during a HURRICANE?!
My office is where I spend most of my time, and thus, I'm more comfortable there. Can you see the disaster in my head by looking at the disaster on my desk? And yes, you're eyes aren't deceiving you; there are two computers on my desk and I regularly use both of them.


3. What is your child doing right now? Lounging on the couch with Note, eating an Otter Pop, and enjoying the fire. (Notice the boarded-up window behind the couch--plywood becomes a good friend here in hurricane country.)

4. Dream Vacation: Okay, if any of you know me well, you know I LOVE to travel. Last year, we (Trevor, Aisling, and I) went to Germany for three weeks! It was amazing, and even more so because we visited our German friends and they showed us all around Eastern Germany. Here are some pictures we took of the castle Neu Schwanstein (near Munich in Bavaria) and it's beautiful views. Click on the pictures to see them better.



5. Favorite Shoes. Okay, my mom is going to cringe when she sees this. They are over a year old, and I love them because they are comfortable, slip on and off quickly, and non-bulky. I think I got them at Walmart or Kmart, or somewhere along those lines. Sorry mom.

6. My Fridge. EEEK! Sorry, I wasn't expecting visitors. At least there's a fresh brown egg laid today by Feather in the upper right hand corner.

7. The Laundry Room: I washed and dried all of the laundry today in three hours! I love my front loaders!

8. Bathroom: Good thing you can't see the countertops too well in this picture.

9. My Closet: It's a small walk-in closet stuffed with clothes, many of which I don't wear. Lucky for me, it holds luggage, linens, and Christmas gifts too!

10. Self Photo: UGH! I look like I've been up several late nights preparing for Primary, homeschool, hurricanes, and other work. Throw in mowing a lawn and yardwork, and ta da! Hmmm.... (This, by far, was the hardest picture to post!)
I don't know many other bloggers, so I can't tag anyone else. But, I do hope you enjoyed an honest look into my life!
Later in the afternoon, I realized that most of our clothes were dirty and I needed to do laundry before the power went out (the average hurricane power outage for my area is three days.) So, frantically, I washed and dried laundry, and within 15 minutes after the last load dried, the power went out! That was cutting it really close! And as a huge bonus, the power came back on only one hour later! I can't believe we still have power!
Other than our earlier activities, life has gone on as usual. I'll keep you posted as long as I have power!
Here are a few updated pictures of Ike from the NOAA website. These are about one to two hours old.


On another note, LaChelle Hansen has "tagged" me to take impromptu pictures of revealing parts of my home (and thus, an inner view to my insanity!) Although it pains me greatly to show my ineptness at housekeeping and home decorating, I accept your challenge, LaChelle!
1. The Kitchen Sink: I hate dishes in my sink. I get rid of them pretty quickly, either by hiding them in the dishwasher, or washing them by hand right after a meal or snack. Please don't ask me what that thing is in the upper right corner of the sink. Trust me; you don't want to know!
2. Favorite Room in the House: This is a tie...our family room is the most comfortable, and where I tend to go to rest and read when I have time (translation: I like this room, but I don't spend much time here.) Notice the fire in the fireplace...who would have ever thought of starting a cozy fire in AUGUST during a HURRICANE?!
My office is where I spend most of my time, and thus, I'm more comfortable there. Can you see the disaster in my head by looking at the disaster on my desk? And yes, you're eyes aren't deceiving you; there are two computers on my desk and I regularly use both of them.
3. What is your child doing right now? Lounging on the couch with Note, eating an Otter Pop, and enjoying the fire. (Notice the boarded-up window behind the couch--plywood becomes a good friend here in hurricane country.)
4. Dream Vacation: Okay, if any of you know me well, you know I LOVE to travel. Last year, we (Trevor, Aisling, and I) went to Germany for three weeks! It was amazing, and even more so because we visited our German friends and they showed us all around Eastern Germany. Here are some pictures we took of the castle Neu Schwanstein (near Munich in Bavaria) and it's beautiful views. Click on the pictures to see them better.
5. Favorite Shoes. Okay, my mom is going to cringe when she sees this. They are over a year old, and I love them because they are comfortable, slip on and off quickly, and non-bulky. I think I got them at Walmart or Kmart, or somewhere along those lines. Sorry mom.
6. My Fridge. EEEK! Sorry, I wasn't expecting visitors. At least there's a fresh brown egg laid today by Feather in the upper right hand corner.
7. The Laundry Room: I washed and dried all of the laundry today in three hours! I love my front loaders!
8. Bathroom: Good thing you can't see the countertops too well in this picture.
9. My Closet: It's a small walk-in closet stuffed with clothes, many of which I don't wear. Lucky for me, it holds luggage, linens, and Christmas gifts too!
10. Self Photo: UGH! I look like I've been up several late nights preparing for Primary, homeschool, hurricanes, and other work. Throw in mowing a lawn and yardwork, and ta da! Hmmm.... (This, by far, was the hardest picture to post!)
I don't know many other bloggers, so I can't tag anyone else. But, I do hope you enjoyed an honest look into my life!
Comments